« Home | camera obsessing, prelude » | how to annoy me » | kissy snake » | yeti goodness » | I have a boy, too... » | scrapping with my girl » | Scrapbook Messy Room Challenge - after » | still with the wannabe craftyblog » | So True. » | a doll named Bliss »

CHARGE!!!! (er)

First read this post.

I had no idea, can barely even call to mind the image of such an item, let alone the name. Chargers... yes, I immediately thought of digital cameras... but that's no surprise as I've been a bit obsessed lately. And you'll be hearing more about it, oh yes you will...

My mom had gold silverware (goldware?) though, I believe it's just gold plated steel usually, but what would I know? All I know is that we weren't allowed to put it in the dishwasher, and it was stored in a fancy velvet lined box.

On the one hand I could barely care less about it all, on the other I quietly yearn just a little for the day (who knows when?) when I will own china. Of course, that won't be any time TOO soon... at the moment a digital SLR is WAY WAY higher on the list of priorities.... (Which honestly in my mind is just as it should be... I can only imagine that having lots of lovely photos from their childhood will ultimately be more meaningful to my kids than our family having china while they're still toddlers.)

My favorite part of DYM's post? This part:
"It’s one of those moments where I remember vividly being in Junior High and showing up at school in Levi orange tabs, only to be viciously mocked. If they’re not red-tabs, you’re obviously a LOSER!
The difference between that world and this one is that instead of pointing and laughing, my new friends rip the red tabs off their own jeans and rush to sew them on mine."
And I'm so happy to hear of the difference.

I'm so with you on the digital SLR thing. We have that WAY UBER above chargers on our list. Thanks for the info on "goldware" too. I suppose I could look it up but I prefer to ask my readers things and take their word for it. :)

Post a Comment