« Home | on journal keeping » | if i were... » | tasty turnips » | ALL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN MET » | if I grow up ... » | destined to graduate » | dancing sandwich » | delving by way of questionnaire » | intro to me [back when] »

old quotes

I found an old entry that I never posted, thoughts and images from our trip up to Utah nearly two years ago. May as well let it out now.

Ni's comment on the cheapie sewing machine I borrowed and tried, unsuccessfully to use: "I wouldn't even be afraid to sew over my finger with this thing."

Dad: "Some of those movie stars are as shallow as a puddle in a parking lot."

C.S. Lewis cracks me up. "There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." Brilliant first line.

At the restaurant in Provo: A tall, willowy girl in a formal dress, about to be seated with a crowd of other prom goers. She stops, says "Get. Out. Of. TOWN!" and runs over and bear-hugs a shorter stocky girl in sweats.

Sign on a stack of semi "cars"--you know, on the back of huge trucks?-- sitting by the side of the road:
WANT ME?
Buy me
Rent me
Make me yours!

OTHER QUOTES:

Jon Anderson--
I'd like, please, to leave on your sill
Just one cold flower, whose beauty
Would leave you inconsolable all day.
The secret of poetry is cruelty.

G.K. Chesterton on Grimm's fairy tales--
"Children know themselves to be innocent, and so demand justice, but we adults fear ourselves guilty and ask for mercy in our stories."

Elizabeth Barrett Browning--
Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

About me

  • I'm falwyn
  • From Southwest, United States
My profile

Archives


been here